Friday, June 16, 2006

Date Movie (2006)

United States, 2006
Cast: I dont care
Director: I really dont care either
My Rating: 0 / **** (only because i can't give negative scores on my sheet)

First of all, my man, James Berardinelli didn't reviewed this film so i dont put the movie's poster on this review as well. But instead, i grab a picture from New York Times which i think really say what i think about this film, "disgusting".

Once in a while, especially when my life was harsh, and my mind was heavy, i needed a stupid film so i could, you know, contemplating about what had happened to me, but mean-while, at the same time some foreign sounds would snapped my twigs and brought me back from whatever i had in mind before it's blogging my mind into further state of depression. And also, usually, i ended up cursing about the film in question and for a moment could really forgotten what i had in mind. And that was a very acceptable diversion.

Anyway, "Date Movie" was supposed to be a spoof from a several comedy/romance genre films that we've witnessed over the years. But, however, i used to say that a spoof film was worked well when the audience knew what film it spoofed of. On "Date Movie", despite several popular films to be spoofed, Darth Vader for instance, Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers, Kill Bill stuffs, there are few (far too many) references that left the common audience dumbfounded. I was watching this film with a friend of mine, he was a year older than me. He said that the movie was full with useless scenes. While i was fully agreed with him, mine was entirely on different reasons with him. Take this fake orgasms scene. I was surprised when he said, "what's the point of this scene?". That scene was stupid, not funny, and overlong, but i was immediately known that it was taken from "When Harry Met Sally" only the role was reversed. For on "When Harry Met Sally", Meg Ryan (female) doing a fake orgasm, on this film, it was the male (i dont care who he is) that doing a fake orgasm without any apparent reasons, and even without any apparent correlation with the scenes before or after. Hence, stupid, not funny, and overlong. But, alas, i was managed to give a chuckle. Only because i remembered Meg Ryan, not because the scene was actually funny.

All in all, let me back to where i started. This film was fake, stupid, and disgusting. I must warn you, only, just only if you were on my state (with weary mind, and harsh day) you should really consider of watching this movie. Hell, even Scary Movie's 2nd installment was better executed. And if you knew me, though Scary Movie series were my guilty preasure, to think about Scary Movie 2 always succeed in giving me shivers, and spat. Damn these stupid teenagers movies... i dont know, if this film was meant for teenagers, how come that there were several scenes that spoofed from the films that was made when they were still in their diapers, or worse yet, when they were still in their mom's womb, or still hinted on their pop's sperm... *what the hell am i talking about?*, *nudging head on the walls*.