Monday, June 19, 2006

Random Thoughts

I saw Ed Wood for the nth time last night. I've never did a proper review of the film, mind you for i've never seen the footage oustide the television box which of course, you knew, how much i hated watching films on TV (those commercial breaks, unnecessary cuts). Well, anyway, Ed Wood was a Tim Burton's film which depicted the live of one Edward D. Wood Jr. who many believed (i was excluded, for i've never seen his films) as The Worst Director of All Time. Now that was a grand title to be given to a person. And it didn't just merely said "A Bad Director", but "THE Worst Director" with capital "THE". Just waw.

It was one of the scene on the Ed Wood that actually prompt me to wrote about this random thoughts (what's so random about it anyway?). On one scene, Ed Wood was in bed with his lover, after a disastrous review he had received from his effort on theaterical play he directs. He says to his lover, "I was bad", and she says, in comforting voice all lover always seem to had, "You know, it's just one review". "Well, you know, Orson Wells wrote, stars, and direct 'Citizen Kane' when he was twenty-five and i'm already thirty", was his answers.

I was dumbfounded. Yeah, Citizen Kane a film that has been granted as the Greatest Film ever made by AFI (American Film Institute) was made by a guy whose age was 4 monhts away from my current-age. Immediately, my mind turned to Haute Tension. A 2003 horror film which i thought was one of the best and most original that the genre has seen for about.. oh, a decade? It was made by Alexandre Aja. And he was just twenty-three back then. And oh, its success has brought him to Hollywood where he was given a helmet to re-made The Hills Have Eyes, again, a decent re-make horror flicks if i ever see one.

All this success achieved in such a young age, always able to caught my attention and made me think. Damn! where was i? Where am i fit into this? i was practically going nowhere these last two years. I had so much wasted time. I was too concentrated on what other's think of me, and never thought of myself.. I was giving too much and never recieve any. Makes me really wanted to scream. Focus! Damn it! Focus!