Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Rebirth (from Yahoo! 360 latest entry)

Screening Log shall be back in a Flash! yes, i shall see to it be materialized later this week. So this would be my last entry here on 360.

Actually, i had a whole lot of rather fortunate conditions when my computer died away. I had more time to deploy my mind to work harder even during the night when i usually slumped away watching movies or doing some unnecessary works on PC. During the period when my computer died away, i had read at least 3 long novels, i had improved my Japanese language so much that i'm quite confident in taking JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) level 2 this December. FYI, JLPT was divided into 4 levels with level 1 being a level below Native. I also picked up the pieces and starting to work (again) on my long abandoned novel. I wrote it longhands, which means that i wrote it on a scrap of paper with mere pencils, and small scripts. I loved my novel (that's one thing that matters, right?) that i dont even care if that wether it would get an attention from publishers or not, all i care is how does Ruthless Rembhoek, Inspector Mi'hen and his daughters, Lina the bartender, Mama Reni the p.i.m.p and whole casts of Red District would see the end of the holocaust. Hell, even now i can't wait to get home from office, had dinner, and sitting in front of the papers, to start writing. If and only if it get fortunate enough to ever get published, it would be a start of a series (that's why i shifted the background of my story, from Jakarta to a totally imaginative city i invented myself. It was easier that way), if it's not, then i would simply wait until i'm rich enough to start my own publishing company.

Anyway, i'm starting to send out applications. But i'm sending them only to the oil companies, regardless if they had a vacancy or not. After all, i loved to work in here, minimum supervisions, unlimited internet, a whole lot of vacant times, unlimited access to movies, mangas, and animes, and friends that never says 'no' when i asked them to play a computer game, or a card game, what else could you ask for more?. But with everybody (my parents, my future parent-in-law) urging me to had a life (i HAD a life!) i'm just sending those applications to satisfy them.

See you at Screening Log