Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A Finally Released Note

Alas, the gravity had finally taken the best of me. Last week, when i took an evening stroll with my motor at a mere 40 miles an hour, somehow, the road beneath my wheels become slippery and so without any further ado, i (with my motor) swirled right and give up to the power of nature. I fell. Not particularly a hard fall, but pretty shocking indeed. The incident was left me with only a scrap on my right elbow which i used to guard my fall. But, the motor had fall on my right ankle and prohibited me from any activities that involves walking for two days. I had been afraid that somehow i broke it, but thankfully it had no broken or even shattered things beneath it. But alas, even though i'm able to walk almost like the way i walk before, i would still declined if somebody had asked me for a race. Yeah, i cannot (yet) run.

When i say the fall wasn't a hard fall at all, it actually could be fatal hadn't i used the protective gear. At the time, i wore a jacket, a jeans, shoes, gloves, full-helmet which practically left no skin exposed. Therefore i managed to left with only a scrap on my right elbow and no other external wound (the right ankle hadn't been an external wound), hadn't i used the gloves for instance, i would surely scrapped my palm as well. But the ultimate protection was my helmet. When i had bought the helmet, actually i would opt for a more standard helm, with no chin protection. But, since the store that sell the helmet doesn't have that kind of helmet, i bought a full-helmet which costy and un-practical to me (since i wore glasses, it was always a nuseance process to wore and un-wore the helmet), which proved useful.

During the fall, i could felt that i fall hard on my chin. And like i had said before, hadn't for the helmet, i would give a powerful blow to my bare-chin and i dont know, struck me unconscius (that was sure to happen), clapping my jaw so hard, that i accidentally bit my own tongue, convulsed in it, and died, either because the convulsion or haemorrheage, well the probabilities were limitless and all of them were surely worse than just a scrap on right elbow and unable to walk for two days.

Unlike its owner, the motor suffers nothing, except for some scars inevitable due to the collision with the asphalt.

I could ride a bike again now, but somehow, unconsciussly, i've never passed speed of 50 miles an hour. And my ankle still hurts when doing sujud or duduk-di-antara-dua-sujud or tasyahud.